Promoting British Values
As part of our curriculum we try to actively promote ‘fundamental British values’ and explore’ what it means to be British.’ The majority of this content is delivered through the PSHE and RE curriculums. Topics will be covered age appropriately and in a format that pupils will understand.
As part of this programme of study pupils will:
* describe their own identities and the groups that they feel they belong to;
* recognise different identities and experiences;
* appreciate that identity consists of many factors;
* recognise that each person’s identity is unique and can change; and begin
to understand the idea of stereotypes.
The teaching of British Values will focus on:
* Democracy – respect for democracy and support for participation in
the democratic process;
* The rule of law – respect for the basis on which the law is made
* Equality – support for equality of opportunity for all
* Individual liberty – support and respect for the liberties of all within the law
* Mutual respect – respect for and tolerance of different faiths and religious
and other belief